Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Interviews!

This week and next week I will be busy with interviews. I had two interviews yesterday and one coming up on Friday. Next week I have one interview on Tuesday and three interviews on Wednesday. I also have one interview on the following Wednesday, July 13. Too bad only two of these are within daily driving distance!

I am having trouble setting my goals for our assignment. If I knew what I am going to do next year, I would know what I need to focus on. My interviews run the whole gamut of library assignments -- whole district assignments, single level (either elementary, middle or high school), and even a public library thrown into the mix. I do know that I want to catch up on my reading, but I am unsure how much is a reasonable amount to accomplish. I don't want to pick some pie-in-the-sky amounts, but if I am learning a new library or libraries, how much will I honestly get done?

2 comments:

  1. congrats and good luck on your interviews. In this day and age library fundraising is something that would be totally applicable no matter what size or type of library you go to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good suggestion Janel! ebooks and ebook readers seem to be something everyone is coping with as well. Also, using social media or other interactive, web 2.0 tools. . . you're doing a blog for this class, you might want to pick one other thing to get familiar with and use.

    I try to read a professional book a year, but since we're doing two for this class. . .

    I'm glad you're interviewing -- do well!

    ReplyDelete