Tuesday, July 26, 2011

DVD in 21st Century book

Well, I finally got around to viewing the DVD that comes with the book, 21st Century Skills: Learning for life in our times by Bernie Trilling & Charles Fadel. The projects that the students did were different from the way I learned in high school, although I remember doing a lot of group projects. I guess the difference is the amount of technology. I was amazed at the experiments they did in the biology lab, although why would one want to make a bacterium resistant to an antibiotic? (I thought we have enough of that going around without doing it deliberately.)

I was impressed that the students on the ThinkQuest project were from different continents. I wish they had spent more time on explaining how they got together. did their teachers help them connect? Did the leader put out a plea for help and then pick people? I think we all get the idea of collaborating with others not in our school; the logistics of making it happen are a little fuzzy.


No comments:

Post a Comment